Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fatherly commentary. Week one.

Ok. He's killing me. From Utah. I figured he wrote Kacy and us on the same day, but Kacy's letter just arrived before ours. However, one day later, still, no letter came for us.

Hormones. Gah.

Ya, I get he's way more excited about the girl he dated for two months than the parents that have ragged oh him his whole life. I would be too. But come on Kelsen, maybe a paragraph to let us know that you're alive?

On the flip side, Kacy did get a great letter on Monday, written on April 29 - the day after he was committed, er, arrived.

I've learned it included the following information:

• His comp is legit
• One of his room mates is the black seminary student Sister Nicholas' daughter taught in seminary in New York. I get the legit vibe here too.
• He's had spiritual experiences already
• He now knows why he was sent state side - his life experiences can help people in Detroit.

We called the bishop Monday night. He admitted when he saw our number on caller ID, his "heart did a flop". All of our hearts have been flipping and flopping. And the immense joy we feel now, having gotten the first word from Kelsen via Kacy, cannot be calculated!

Woot! He's doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment