My thoughts come only after Trevor’s because I couldn’t remember how to log in to the original blog that I started for Kelsen when he got his mission call.
Let me lay it on the line…I MISS my boy! I seriously can’t stop thinking about him. I am part of a group call missionary mom’s they say it gets easier when the letters start coming in. The wondering what he is doing and the how he is doing is the hardest part.
I was in AAA today registering his car…yes he left us the car to sell un-registered! ARGG, so I start talking to the lady at the counter…her son is in Iraq and I ask her to take Kelsen off the AAA because he won’t need it for two years. I got teary and so did she. ”Detroit? I think my son is safer in Iraq!”. Great that’s what a worry Mom wants to hear…but the next thing she said was “those missionaries are protected! I really look up to them for giving like they do.”
I had my total break down moment about half hour drive away from the MTC. Like the loud sobbing one…It’s my boy. My first baby. What hit me the hardest is I remembered the moment that Kelsen was handed to me. I was rocking him in the “parents love room” part of the nursery. I remember rocking him and telling him all the things that I hoped for in his life…a mission was one of them. That seemed like not that long ago. Now the day was here for “reals”! It was so much harder to see him go than I anticipated.
My Mommy heart is proud and sad. What I do know is that Keslen is an amazing person! I know that he has everything inside to be an incredible missionary. He just “gets” people at all levels something that I admire greatly about him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment