Date: June 1, 2010 9:06:36 AM PDT
Subject: Re: is this where you live?
yes! thats my crib yo!
Date: June 1, 2010 9:11:26 AM PDT
Subject: Re: Ring
YES! =) Get it sized to 5! then give it to her on her birthday.. along with the video your making =) add some of my mission photos in the video as well! Ill be sending the memory card this week! =) I got the pants! thank you! =) also I got the box of bike stuff! awesome! I really need a bell!
share this story with everyone!
People walk around carrying bats for protection out here. We were riding our bikes and I rode past a lady.. she freaked out and swung the bat at my head! haha good thing I dodged it! so having a bell will help people know im coming up on them so I dont get hit with a bat.
Date: June 1, 2010 9:40:45 AM PDT
Subject: Re: Kelsens Latest Letter!
Hey! this is for everyone.
lets start off with some good news.. we currently have 4 people on date! which is totally awesome cause we've only been here for two weeks! One is a family of three. We taught them one lesson and offered them to be baptized.. they said yes! haha legit!
the fourth one is the guy I was talking about in the last letter. Leonard.. He's set for june 13th. might need to push back due to the things he has to repent for! but we will see!
We were out contacting.. we came up to this house where a girl our age is chillin on the porch with her sister. We told them what we are doing so on so forth.. We asked them if they would like for us to come back to teach them a lesson. One of the girls(arnita! sick name) was like sure!!.. then she was like.. wait.. will you be the one giving the lesson and she points to me.. I was like yes, Elder Matthews and I will be.. She smiled and said yes! so basically we got an appt due to my looks! could be a little sketchy though! we will see!
We knocked on a door.. an older lady comes out! She's like who are you?! we reply.. we are mormon missionaries! teaching people about the gospel of jesus christ and how its been restored on the earth once again.. She has a big smile, with a tear coming down.. "ive been looking for the truth" haha.. how whicked is that? We had a sweet discussion with her! We bore our testimonies at the end.. and she replies.. "that makes me want to cry"! haha it was totally sick. we are meeting with her again tomorrow!
We've been teaching this girl; Candice Jones. Way cool person. She's 21 and extremely religious. She has a testimony of the B.O.M but not of the bible.. Anyways she has a problem with women not able to hold the priesthood.. She feels women are equal to men and feels they should have the same power.. I explained to her that Women and Men have different roles in life.. Just because the men hold the priesthood doesn't mean they are any better then a women.. I then explain.. The women have the role to raise up the boys to be men, and to be able to hold the priesthood.. .. If it wasnt for my mom, and the hard work she did to raise me up, I wouldnt be the man I am today.. (tears streaming down my face) The womens role in life so so very important.. The women have a huge role in this life and are even more important then the men.. She ended up having tears in her eyes.. I dont know if that helped her at all but I do know it planted a seed.
anyways.. moving on from the mushy stuff!
heres some crazy stories.
When we tract we lock our bikes up to a stop sign or something on the corner. And we head down the streat to go contacting.. We came back to our bikes to find that someone had tried cutting through our bike locks.. Hack marks all over the locks.. haha good thing they are strong locks
I was riding my bike down the street.. some dude yells at me im going to shoot you for that bike.. haha I was like Yeah sure you are and rode away.. Im thinking I should keep my mouth shut... Or I could end up like the guy laying in the street dead that my comp and I saw.. Yeah.. we did see a dead guy on the street... pretty sure he was shot.. Didnt get too close of a look cause the cops were covering the body.. so yeah..thats Detroit for you!
Everyone write me letters.. I only get to check email once a week and only get an hour!
love you all!
elder Jones
p.s. Sorry to hear about Gramma... =( But she's wishing she was baptized now though.. haha =)
Date: June 1, 2010 9:51:42 AM PDT
Subject: Re: Songs
BTW
can you send some short sleeve shirts? It was 92 the other day with atleast 80% humidity! and all I have is long sleeve shirts.. my shirt is soaked by the end of the night due to biking 15+ miles a day with 92 degree weather! but the crazy thing was that it was 80+ yesterday clear skies and sunny. We in for an appt.. came out 45 minutes later and its cloudy.. and way windy.. we were riding our bikes and it started to poor.. the weather flipped within 45 mins.. I guess it happens a lot out here! sorry for asking for a bunch of stuff.. I feel bad! but congrats on the voice over stuff! thats totally whicked! also can you mail me instructions on how to put together the iron gym. thank thank you =)
loves
elder jones
Date: June 1, 2010 10:03:14 AM PDT
Subject: Re: mail
2-3 days.. but ive got 2 mins left on time! write me letters.. it helps alot.. I've been struggling a lot this last week and getting that letter from you really really helped!
talk to you soon!
loves
elder jones
On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Trevor Jones wrote:
how long is mail taking to get to you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment